Marriage Laws | »

Texas Marriage Laws

Are you looking to get married in Texas (TX)? Currently San Antonio is one of the hottest spots for a destination wedding in Texas. If you are planning to elope or to have a full destination wedding then contact the Bexar County Courthouse for more details. As always remember that marriage laws very from county to county, so before you start looking at honeymoon packages, you might want to make sure you have all the Texas Marriage License Requirements taken care of to receive a Texas marriage license.

Texas Marriage Laws and Texas Marriage License Requirements

Valid US ID

Texas requires one form of identification as well as a SSN. The only valid IDs accepted are a driver’s license, United States passport, a certified copy of your birth certificate, a U.S. military ID card, and social security number.


Neither the bride nor the groom has to be a resident of Texas. This makes Texas a popular destination for either eloping or a destination wedding.

Waiting Period

Yes, there is a waiting period in Texas, so make sure you factor this into your plans. The waiting period is 3 days or 72 hours. The only time the waiting period can be waved is for active military personnel.

Length Marriage License is Valid

Once you have received a marriage license from the state of Texas it is only valid for 30 days. Also, the license can only be used within the State of Texas.

Medical and Other Tests

The state of Texas does not require a medical exam or a blood test.

Age Requirements

The minimum age to apply for a marriage license is 14. Persons between the age of 14 and 17 must have written parental consent or permission via court order. The parental consent must be given on an official document, and signed in front of a county clerk. After the age of 17 there are no stipulations for marrying in the state of Texas.

Marriages by Proxy

Yes proxy marriages are allowed in Texas. Anyone one of legal age may apply in the stead of a prospective bride or groom who can not appear before the county clerk. You will need to contact the county clerk’s office to obtain the correct forms for your proxy marriage. Texas does allow prison inmates to marry. Again there is a special form for prisoners who wish to have a proxy marriage.

Previously Married

The only stipulation for remarrying is in the case of a divorce. In Texas there is a 30 day waiting period for getting remarried. Under certain circumstance the 30 day period can be waived.

Fees and Taxes

Fees range from $41 through $71. As with most states cash is generally required in order to purchase a marriage license.

Marrying a Cousin

Marrying a cousin is not allowed in Texas.

Common Law

There is a provision for a common law or informal marriages.

Same Sex Marriages

Same sex marriage is not allowed in the state of Texas.

Wedding Officiants

Texas provides for a wide range of officiants. You will need to plan ahead to make sure there is an officiant available who provides fulfills any religious requirements you have. In general any member of the clergy can officiate a wedding. Judges, magistrates or a justices of the peace can officiate your wedding.


Please leave a comment and let me know if you have any other information that might be useful.

Obtaining a Copy of Marriage Certificate

You must contact the Bureau of Vital Statistics to receive a copy of your Texas marriage certificate.

Premarital Counseling

Texas does not require pre-martial counseling but it is officially encouraged by the state.

Topics: Texas | 84 Comments »

84 Responses to “Texas Marriage Laws”

  1. BRANDY LEE Says:
    May 25th, 2007 at 1:49 pm

    I do not understand the part regarding back pay on child support. My future husband does have back pack due to a compnay lay- off and it took him five months to regain employment. He has been to court and has been working for almost nine months now. The judge and child support office has him set up where the back pay is with drawn from his check weekly. will this hinder him in getting our licenses?

  2. admin Says:
    May 25th, 2007 at 5:03 pm

    I am in no way qualified to give legal advice, but I do know that the Texas Marriage license does have a clause that states: “I AM NOT PRESENTLY DELINQUENT IN THE PAYMENT OF COURT-ORDERED CHILD SUPPORT.” The question is a true or false question and must be answered.

    This kind of question could easily be answered with a Pre-Paid Legal membership, and if you are interested I could get a representative in touch with you. If you are not interested in that what you would need to do is contact the county clerk office in the county you want to marry in and ask them. My guess would be that if your soon to be husband is working with the court then you are probably okay. I would just call them and ask the question.

  3. armando Says:
    February 15th, 2008 at 9:49 pm

    wat if you are 17 and your girl is 15 and we want to get married how would we go about doin that? please respond

  4. MARY Says:
    March 20th, 2008 at 8:02 am

    my question is what are the laws or rules on marrying an inmate in a FCI prison in the state of texas whats the cost and so on can you send me information? thank you

  5. Miss Kerr Says:
    June 19th, 2008 at 9:40 am

    where would i fine the county clerk offices because they are nit listed on any website that i have visited

  6. Kellee DeSoto Says:
    July 8th, 2008 at 1:28 pm

    If you marry in Texas, do you have to divorce in Texas as well?

  7. Tina Puentes Says:
    July 10th, 2008 at 11:18 am

    what do you have to do to marry an inmate in the Texas prison system? could you please send me all the info I will need thank you so much.

  8. gerard hynes Says:
    October 2nd, 2008 at 3:27 pm

    i want to marry my fiance in texas she is texan born i am irish can i live in texas after the ceramony

  9. Kittie Says:
    November 14th, 2008 at 9:45 am

    If someone lies about being delinquent on child support when they get the license – does it invalidate the marriage?

  10. Selina R. Says:
    December 8th, 2008 at 5:35 pm

    I’m 17, my boyfriend is 16 and he’ll be 17 next month, but all he has is his SS card, but I’m pretty sure we could get his birth certificate, can he use that as a form of ID, because he doesn’t have a Texas ID. I have all my documents, ID, SS card, birth certificate…etc. please email me back…thanks.

  11. r.elizabeth Says:
    December 10th, 2008 at 7:25 pm

    I was wondering, if it is possible to marry by proxy to an active duty military person who is over seas? We were engaged before he left, and now I am pregnant with his child unexpectedly and we would like to be married before the child is born, and he will not be returning until the child is already born. What can we do?

  12. admin Says:
    December 10th, 2008 at 8:05 pm


    Yes it is. You should contact the county clerk of court for details.

  13. lo Says:
    January 21st, 2009 at 9:53 pm

    My fiancee and I would like to get married by justice of the peace but were wondering if the ceremony must take place in the court or can we have the judge go to the destination we would like.?

  14. admin Says:
    January 22nd, 2009 at 6:14 am

    Hi lo. No you do not have to get married at the court house, but arrangements will need to be made to fit the Justice of the Peace or Judge’s schedule. There will most likely be a fee for his\her travel and time.

  15. Nicole Says:
    February 15th, 2009 at 4:17 pm

    What are the laws on marrying an inmate in the Hays County Jail? I am out of state and I would like to know all the information I can before I travel out there. What arrangements do I need to make?

  16. Barbara B. Says:
    March 17th, 2009 at 10:59 am

    My daughter assures me that practically anyone can perform a marriage ceremony these days. I have not been able to find out how this can be legally done. No one I’ve called seems to know anything!

    Also, does the Vital Statistics office (or whoever) automatically send you the marriage certificate after they receive the signed license (after the ceremony)?

  17. Shamil Says:
    March 22nd, 2009 at 1:54 pm

    Hi. I need to know if I receive an I-129F visa from Canada to marry in Texas, will I still need US id to pick up the marriage license with my Texan fiancee? Thanks.

  18. admin Says:
    March 25th, 2009 at 6:12 am


    One question I wish I would have asked myself 13+ years ago was “Why do I need the State’s permission to marry”? Marriage licenses were not issued in this country until the late 1800′s. They were only issued to stop free black people from marring outside of their race. Our founders and most likely your great grand parents never had a state issued marriage license. Marriages were performed by fathers and ministers. Vows were exchanged and the whole community recognized the marriage as valid.

    Here is a link to a site explaining why why from a christian perspective why you should not get a State issued license:

  19. adri Says:
    April 2nd, 2009 at 7:14 pm

    my boyfriend age 20, and i age 19 want to get eloped but we both are still in college and on our parents insurence. will we be kicked off their insurence? i ask because we would like our marriage to remain secret.

  20. admin Says:
    April 3rd, 2009 at 6:24 am

    Yes adri, you would lose insurance coverage.

  21. Paul Gaeta Says:
    April 12th, 2009 at 11:27 pm

    My question is, if a person got married in Mexico, then a person gets remarried again in Texas with te same person. Then realizes that there was no need to married a second time with the same person, then gets a divorce to erase the second marraige. Is the first marriage in mexico knulled?

  22. Jennifer Says:
    April 17th, 2009 at 9:26 pm

    I recently got married and just as I was updating my last name on my id, the dps told me that since I have no middle name, it is required that my maiden becomes my middle name. Was there a new law that passed this? Do I have an option to have 2 names (ex:jennifer rodriguez) instead of Jennifer Balderas Rodriguez? Is there anyway around that?

  23. Tracy D Says:
    June 30th, 2009 at 1:24 pm

    My fiancee has a warrant out hes paying on, and we wanna get married. In Texas can that be legally done or do we have to wait until hes paid back the fine fully.

  24. meggan Says:
    August 18th, 2009 at 8:39 pm

    So if a 18 year old and a 15 year old wanted to get married could they?
    How about 18 and 16?

  25. dani wilson Says:
    August 23rd, 2009 at 11:05 pm

    Can my dad and future brother in law officiate together if my brother in law is a judge in our county?

  26. Rev. Robert W Thomas Says:
    September 10th, 2009 at 6:07 pm

    I am officiant in Atlanta, Georgia. I have been requested to perform a marriage ceremony between a couple. The groom is active military, stationed in Texas. The bride is presently out of the country. Both are U.S. citizens and native to Atlanta. Their time schedule is such that they wish to be married Sunday, Oct 4th here in Atlanta, but they are unable to obtain a marriage license immediately prior to the wedding, travel being their obstacle. They wish to apply for a wedding license in Texas, time and availability favoring them there. They wish to bring it with them home to Atlanta and be married here. Am I legally allowed to sign their Texas certificate while performing the ceremony in Georgia? Will it be legal? Thanks so much. Rev. Robert W. Thomas

  27. misty Says:
    September 30th, 2009 at 6:55 pm

    if my fiancee is married and going thru a divorce in another state will this stop our license from going thru and can he get in trouble for poligamy

  28. Brad Kramer Says:
    December 15th, 2009 at 9:21 am

    My girlfriend currently lives in Texas and I am living in Pennsylvania. Right now neither of us are able to move to either state but we wish to get married now. Would we be able to have a proxy marriage if i just send her copies of my id and ss? If anyone could help clear this up for us more we would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

  29. Imoen L Says:
    January 7th, 2010 at 6:50 pm

    I and my fiance are both serving in the military and have been trying to get stationed at the same base. My next assignment is still up in the air and we are desperately hoping it ends up the same place as him. To help out our odds and start our life together we want to get married but are finding time and distance quite the obstacles.
    I’ve considered doing a proxy marraige (Right now I’m stationed in Texas, he’s stationed in California) rather than waiting for when he can easily come to see me. (Two and a half months from now) We plan on having a court house marriage and having a formal wedding a year later. So my biggest hiccups are the cost of a proxy marriage, which I’ve found to be $900+, and the fact that some states don’t validate the marriage. I guess my real question is what is the price of a proxy marriage and could I get a ‘real’ marriage later when we have the wedding?

  30. beatrice m Says:
    January 23rd, 2010 at 2:47 pm

    i want to marry my boyfriends who is in army training in kentucky and i am in texas, how can i go about marrying him??

  31. Maria Says:
    February 2nd, 2010 at 10:17 am

    the groom is 18 and the girlfriend is only 15 do they can get married in texas?

  32. vc Says:
    February 3rd, 2010 at 8:42 pm

    if i do not have a texas id can i use the birth certificate instead? if i want to get married through the church do i get the marriage license through texas after or do i have to get it before?

  33. crystal Says:
    February 10th, 2010 at 6:48 pm

    Ok so I’m trying to get a hold of a person name rachel at the courthouse. My boyfriend is an inmate at county and is getting sent to tdc we want to marry before he leaves how can I get this done asap?.

  34. Janis Hix Says:
    February 22nd, 2010 at 8:09 am

    Is there a law in Texas that says you can only be married a certain number of times if you are under a certain age?

  35. hannah Says:
    March 14th, 2010 at 11:26 pm

    Im 16 and it says in order to get married i need parental consent on a lefal document and signed in front of a county clerk, does that count clerk have to be in texas? because my mom will be in florida at the time im wishing to get married, she approves and will give me consent but is it okay for her to sign it in florida? so she doesnt have to go to texas to do it?

  36. lauren Says:
    March 16th, 2010 at 11:48 am

    I recently scheduled to have my wedding officiated by a CMO (Certified Marriage Officiant). He is neither a member of the clergy nor a justice of peace or former judge. On that note, will my marriage still be legally recognized by the state of Texas?

  37. Crystal Says:
    April 14th, 2010 at 9:49 am

    My fiance and I have both been married before, although both of us have been divorced for several years. Do we need to present our divorce decrees in order to get our marriage license?

  38. Emily Says:
    May 9th, 2010 at 2:14 am

    I am flying to San Antonio from Birmingham to marry my fiance on May 13. He’s at Ft. Sam Houston doing his AIT training. I need to know what we will need and where we should go to get married. Can we get married on the base? Also, can I stay on the base? Do I need a pass? Anything would help. We’re both from Alabama so if that’s a factor, please let me know.Thanks again!

  39. Emily Says:
    May 9th, 2010 at 2:16 am

    I am flying to San Antonio from Birmingham on Thursday to marry my fiance who’s doing AIT training at Ft. Sam Houston. We need to know what we will need to do in order to be married. Where to go, who to talk to, etc. Also, am I allowed to stay at a hotel on the base before we get married on Saturday? Sorry for all of the questions but any advice would be appreciated. Thanks so much.

  40. rebecca Says:
    May 9th, 2010 at 8:13 pm

    dude this website infomation is wrong. Go read the statues. Anyone under 15 can’t get married even with parents permission (unless the courts allow it and i don’t think that is going to happen very often!). Its considered VOID. Anyone 16 or 17 year old can get married with parent permission.

    § 6.205. Marriage to Minor.
    A marriage is void if either party to the marriage is younger than 16 years of age, unless a court order has been obtained under Section 2.103.

  41. alchia Says:
    May 11th, 2010 at 8:21 pm


    I’m disable which wont let me work cause my eyes are to bad to drive. My family help me a lot. They take me every where I need to go,even my love(Brett) doesn’t mind. I want to show every one that a disable person who can’t have a state wedding. Can still have a dream wedding with God. I meet this wonderful guy on yahoo dating website. We been together about year and half. I know he was the one for me right from the start. We want a small family wedding sent Brett (my love)has been married before. I would like to have a beach, fall theme wedding that green-recycle. Sent I love both! We would like to outside or in a church. Please some help me out! Thank for taking the time to read

  42. Wendy Says:
    May 24th, 2010 at 9:36 am

    My friend got married to someone who was already legally married-She claims that she had no idea.But during her marriage her husband obtained a divorce from his estranged wife. Is her marriage valid in Texas? Or will she have to remarry this guy again? Thank you for answering.

  43. melissa murphy Says:
    August 16th, 2010 at 6:31 pm

    Hi, I was wondering how valid an informal marriage certificate is? I signed one with my ex boyfriend in order to keep him on my health insurance and want to know if I would need a divorce in order to marry someone? Please advise.

  44. molly Says:
    August 19th, 2010 at 11:49 am

    If I married in texas, do I have to divorce in texas? Can I get alomony, being that I was a housewife for 12 years with no career?

  45. lis Says:
    September 16th, 2010 at 4:59 pm

    me and my fiance want to get married but he is married in mexico but his wife wont give him the divorce what can we do can we get married or will it make us a polygamist

  46. destiny Says:
    September 18th, 2010 at 6:43 pm

    what is the legal age that i can get married in texas? some say its 18 some say its 17. the sites say “BETWEEN the age of 16-17 you need parental signiture and 18 is when i dont need one. But it says nothing anout age 17

  47. kristen Says:
    September 22nd, 2010 at 6:04 pm

    My boyfriend and I are wanting to get married before he leaves to go to basic and AIT. However, my family is tough to convince for approval. So is there such thing as a “secret marriage” in texas?? I’d really appreciate the help, thanks! :)

  48. jonathan wuerfel Says:
    October 3rd, 2010 at 3:40 pm


  49. moreno,k Says:
    October 5th, 2010 at 12:59 pm

    what if your 17 and don’t have a texas id but have everything else to get married??
    email back asap please thank you.

  50. Stephanie Says:
    October 10th, 2010 at 12:25 am

    How much older can the other person be?

  51. Hector Says:
    October 13th, 2010 at 11:47 am

    My fiancée and I are getting married in El Paso, Texas. I am a US citizen and she is a Mexican citizen. She plans on entering the country with a visitor visa. Will that suffice or will we be required to show a fiancee visa?

  52. Gary Teer Says:
    October 13th, 2010 at 12:24 pm

    Does Texas limit the # of times a person can get married?

  53. angela Says:
    October 18th, 2010 at 7:50 pm

    Can a temperary id be a form of identiufication for a marrige lisence?

  54. rlr4505 Says:
    November 11th, 2010 at 9:58 am

    We have on file a Declaration and Registration of Informal Marriage in Dallas, Texas. The issue is getting a name change does not work with this documentation, i.e., wife takes husband’s last name. Can we “remarry” one another to obtain the traditional/formal marriage license rather than going thru filing with the court for name change?

  55. Ruby Says:
    November 17th, 2010 at 9:54 pm

    I am a u.s citizen and my boyfriend is illegal. What papers do we need to get married in the state of texas.

  56. misty Says:
    December 12th, 2010 at 8:19 am

    i was wondering if its posable for an eight-teen year old to be wedd to an four-teen year old and what would i have to do

  57. evon Says:
    December 13th, 2010 at 12:53 am

    what do you have to do to marry an inmate in the Texas prison system? If possible i would like some information on the fees for such a thing?please send me all the info I will need to know thank you so much.

  58. Alice Moring Says:
    December 15th, 2010 at 7:40 pm

    Ok, need to know if you get married by proxy how much would it cost if performed at the courthouse and I would be present but the one I marry would not be. I have seen 900 dollars as the cost but this would be officiated by a judge at the courthouse by single proxy. I am in U.S. and he is in Canada. Yes my state does allow for proxy marraige.

  59. Heather Says:
    January 3rd, 2011 at 3:51 pm

    My question is this, my Husband and I got married twice , to each other ( long story but first one we were young a dumb, 2nd one was for the sake of family ) now 12 years later we are faced with divorce and he has gotten Married and doesnt think I know( bigotry) is there some loop hole I am missing that would null our marriage cause it was twice ?

  60. Julie Williams Says:
    January 3rd, 2011 at 7:01 pm

    You state “Texas does allow prison inmates to marry. Again there is a special form for prisoners who wish to have a proxy marriage.”

    Could you please tell me if prisoners are able to marry by proxy?

  61. Gina Says:
    January 5th, 2011 at 12:30 pm

    My question is my sweetheart owes back child support even though his kids are full grown can we get a marriage license or will this stop our happily ever after??????

  62. Kim Says:
    January 5th, 2011 at 4:59 pm

    I am a wedding officiant in Oklahoma. Can I legally marry couples with a Texas marriage license? Can I perform the wedding in Oklahoma? Can I perform weddings in Texas?

  63. Jovi Says:
    February 6th, 2011 at 8:05 pm

    Dear Comment Writers,
    The State of Texas would like it to be known that if you have more than two gramatical errors on online comments your marriage license will be denied or revoked. To regain marriage eligibility you must go back to high school or complete your GRE. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

  64. TRACY Says:
    February 7th, 2011 at 3:40 pm

    What if a person does not have a US id and only mexico birth certificate?

  65. Vanessa Says:
    March 27th, 2011 at 4:28 pm

    Im 16 and my boyfriend is 17. Im turning 17 this year and hes turning 18, both in August. Im 3 months pregnant, do i still need my parents permission to get married inTexas? Please help us. We really want to get married. Even before we knew i was pregnant. Thank you so much!

  66. dani marshall Says:
    March 28th, 2011 at 1:08 am

    I need to know the procedures for marrying a preison inmate. Please email me thank you

  67. dani marshall Says:
    March 28th, 2011 at 1:10 am

    What are the procedures to marrying a prison inmate. Please email me thank you

  68. Swelborn Says:
    April 22nd, 2011 at 8:08 pm

    Actually it now costs $71 to obtain a marriage license in the state of Texas.

  69. Priestofanotherkind Says:
    May 15th, 2011 at 4:03 pm

    I received my ordination from an online source, i have all of my paperwork, am i able to perform marriages now or do i need to file paperwork with the state?

  70. Armyguy Says:
    May 15th, 2011 at 8:49 pm

    Okay I’m an active duty soldier and my fiancé is in the process of getting a divorce do we have to wait the thirty days or can it be waived as in getting deployed soon and want to spend time with her as my wife before hand

  71. Melissa Says:
    July 31st, 2011 at 1:28 am

    I know there is a 30 day waiting period between remarrying after a divorce in texas, but is that 30 business days or just a straight 30 days?

  72. Raven MacLean Says:
    August 8th, 2011 at 12:16 pm

    I have a weird question…I met my hopefully future husband on line. now…he lives in India, and I live in NH, (but planning to move to Texas). We have plans to marry when he moves over here, and we were thinking of having him get a work visa to come here (in which his aunt will sponsor him for) will I still be able to marry him legally? We truly love each other and wish to spend our lives together, but I keep hearing all these stories about how much work is involved in a situation like this. Does anyone know what needs to be done to make this happen?

  73. Angie Says:
    August 25th, 2011 at 12:59 am

    My fiance and I would like to get married asap. The only thing is he is currently awaiting his divorce to be finalized in TX. I have met his soon to be ex-wife, and suprisingly am actually cool with her. We want to get married in Louisiana. So since we know that she will not have a problem with us getting married do we have to wait the 30 days after his divorce is finalized? I read around on some attorney websites and some say that you have to wait and some say that if you don’t wait the marriage is voidable. We would really like to get married as soon as possible we are a christian family and we already have 2 children together. Please let me know if we can go ahead and get married.

  74. Norma Says:
    September 7th, 2011 at 9:52 pm

    Hi. I’m planning on getting married in a couple of months. My fiancee currently resides in Michigan. He does not have a DL but does have a valid ID. Will that be sufficient?

    Also because I have been married before do I need to have a copy of my divorce decree to obtain a license? We are planning to marry at the Justice of the Peace?

    Any advise you give me would appreciated.

  75. martha Says:
    October 2nd, 2011 at 2:31 pm

    my sister is going to be 18 in a couple of months and she has been wanting to get married to this guy of age of 27 is there any way to prevent her from marring him?

  76. daniela Says:
    October 3rd, 2011 at 5:05 pm

    can you get a marriage license with a new mexico id? The groom has a driver license texas issue. trying to do it in longview texas

  77. Nic Says:
    October 6th, 2011 at 1:31 pm

    My husband and I have been through rough times with the economy. My father has his certificate or whatever to legally officiate marriages and is recognized by the church. So he performed a ceremony for our union to at least be recognized by God about four years ago. Please note that this was in Florida and you’ll easily be able to figure out why we weren’t able to afford getting it legalized under man’s law if you look it up.
    We are now back in Texas and have been blessed with the opportunity to finally have my medical needs met by being eligible for medical insurance with a legal marriage or “unofficial” marriage. We figure we might as well go for the full on thing.
    This brings me to my two golden questions. Will the ceremony we had be recognized legally? Will my father be able to officiate it with him being a Florida resident? He originally received his certificate or whatever it is when he lived in Texas (don’t know if it helps).
    Please, let me know. It would be wonderful if we could tie together our vows before the Lord we’ve already taken with the legal status. We worked so hard and failed before. And, let’s face it, it’s my DADDY! Thank you.

  78. marla Says:
    October 10th, 2011 at 8:16 am

    Do I have to get my license in the same county I am getting married in or is it just the state?

  79. Mel Says:
    October 16th, 2011 at 7:54 pm

    My fiance has been married 5 times. He was widowed twice and legally divorced three times. Is there a limit to the number of times a person can marry in Texas?

  80. Erin Says:
    October 18th, 2011 at 12:03 pm

    If I would like to have a family member who is not a member of the clergy officiate my wedding, is that legal in Texas?

  81. Tp Says:
    December 13th, 2011 at 1:52 pm

    I am in a marriage that is not recognized in Texas. can i be remarried in texas in a legal marriage with out terminating that other marriage?

  82. Deborah Kendrick Says:
    December 28th, 2011 at 10:01 am

    Admin: My fiance is incarcerated in Texas and i live in North Carolina. I am ill – currently being diagnosed with what could be Multiple Sclerosis so traveling is hard for me. Do you allow double proxy marriages in Texas? Thank you. DebK.

  83. Linda Says:
    December 28th, 2011 at 1:59 pm

    Can I have a proxy marriage in Texas with a Moroccan national? What paperwork would he have to provide?

  84. Chu Yan Wing Says:
    January 9th, 2012 at 4:42 am

    Dear whom this may concern,

    I am writing to make an inquiry as to the first requirement, namely, “valid US ID”: is this required of both spouses or can one of them be from a foreign country?

    I look forward to hearing from you.

    Best regards,
    Chu Yan Wing (Connie)